BasicMed Flight Physicals in South Plainfield, NJ
Operating an aircraft requires skill and precision. At AFC Urgent Care South Plainfield, we administer BasicMed Flight Physicals for individuals who operate small and large aircrafts.
Performed every two years, these exams are administered to ensure the pilot or aircraftman has the ability to operate the aircraft with no hinderance or interference from a medical condition that will affect the safe operation the aircraft.
In order to qualify for and complete the examination, AOPA recommends taking the following steps:
- Complete the FAA self-assessment form before your examination
- Schedule and attend a physical examination with a state-licensed physician who will complete the FAA form
- Successfully complete the AOPA Online Medical Education Course
- Print the certificate of completion following the course and keep record of it along with the completed Medical Examination Checklist
- Ensure that you meet the flight review requirements of FAR 61.56 and any other applicable flight or instrument proficiency requirements, as necessary for you to act as pilot in command
At AFC Urgent Care South Plainfield, our on-site, board-certified, state-licensed physician can perform your BasicMed Flight Physical. Our urgent care center is fully equipped with an on-site lab and digital x-ray system to conduct the physical under one roof.
Our comprehensive BasicMed Flight Physicals include:
- Complete review of FAA form completed by the airman
- A medical examination
- A review of any physical and mental conditions
- Review of all prescription and non-prescription medications
Following the exam, our state licensed physician will complete a medical examination checklist, ensuring that the airman or pilot meets all requirements.
For more details about our BasicMed Flight Physicals, or to book an appointment, please call us at 908-222-3500.