Since opening our doors in January 2014, AFC Urgent Care has been striving to embed ourselves into the fabric of the South Plainfield and Edison communities and their surroundings areas. From supporting public schools to sponsoring 5k races, we have emphasized support for the members of our local communities. Here is a brief summary of some of the community events we have supported:
- Plainfield YMCA Homeless Center
- Edison YMCA Kids Day
- South Plainfield Health Day
- Scotch Plains Fun and Fitness Day
- South Plainfield High School Career Day
- South Plainfield Tigers Football
- Holy Savior Academy 5k Road Race
- Edison Family Day
- Heart Song for Veterans
- South Plainfield Volunteer Fire Department
- Metuchen Street Fair
- Michelle Offsie Memorial Walk- benefiting breast cancer research
- Riley School Carnival Day
- Franklin School Fun and Fitness Day
- Club at Ricochet Family Day
- Labor Day Parade in South Plainfield
- South Plainfield Senior Center
- Buddy Walk of South Plainfield
- Plainfield’s Historic 5k Walk/Run
- Mayors Wellness Health Fair of South Plainfield
- Sponsor of North Edison Baseball League – sponsor
- Christmas in July
- Plainfield Municipal Utilities Authority Eric C. Watson Memorial Environmental Fair
- Humanscale Employee Health Fair, Piscataway
- Edison YMCA Community Blood Pressure Screenings
We are also proud members of the South Plainfield Business Association and the Tri-County Chamber of Commerce. As we continue to grow, so does our commitment to serving the community and residents of South Plainfield in a professional and compassionate manner. We look forward to seeing you at an upcoming event!
AFC Urgent Care South Plainfield participated in the South Plainfield High School Health & Wellness Fair, providing blood pressure screens and information about our center to students and faculty who participated.
Our Director of Business Development and Marketing, Kara Sullivan, sat on a Career Day Panel for the junior class of South Plainfield High School. Participants in the panel included the Mayor of South Plainfield Matt Anesh, Councilman Derryck White, and Middlesex County Prosecutor Chris Kuberiet.
Regular blood pressure screenings can identify risks of cardiovascular disease from high blood pressure. As an effort of our preventative care services, AFC Urgent Care South Plainfield provided blood pressure checks for the community at the Edison YMCA.
AFC Urgent Care South Plainfield participated in South Plainfield’s Annual Family Health and Fitness Fair on October 14! Our Medical Assistant, Will was excited to provide blood pressure checks to the community members at the event. Thanks to everyone who stopped by our table!
AFC Urgent Care South Plainfield had a blast participating in the Edison YMCA’s Freaky Fun Friday Night held October 27th! The night consisted of games, crafts, an obstacle course, a bounce, house and prizes, and more!