Sunburn Treatment in South Plainfield, NJ
Sunburns are common, acute inflammatory responses to the skin being exposed to ultraviolet radiation (UVR).
A few risk factors of getting sunburned include:
- Duration of exposure
- Height of the sun – greatest exposure is midday, around noon
- Lack of protective sunscreen or clothing
- Lighter skin pigmentation
Most sunburns are easily treated with home remedies, while a severe sunburn might need the evaluation of a physician. You might want to visit a physician if you’re experiencing symptoms such as blistering, excessive peeling, chills or fever, or dizziness.
At AFC Urgent Care South Plainfield, we can treat symptoms of sunburns on a walk-in basis. Some of the services we provide include:
- Full examination for skin color change, blisters, and capillary refill
- Assessment degree of pain
- Evaluation for symptoms of dehydration and heat exhaustion
Our walk-in clinic is open seven days a week, and no appointment is ever needed to be seen. We accept a range of health insurances as well as provide low-cost care for those without. We can also provide referrals for further treatment, if necessary.
For more information about the services we provide, please call to speak with one of our medical professionals at 908-222-3500.