Get the treatment you need, right from the comfort of your couch! AFC Urgent Care South Plainfield is now accepting patients via Telemedicine, a virtual alternative to an in-person visit at our walk-in urgent care center. This is an ideal alternative for patients who are unable to leave their homes at this time. You can have a full consultation with our medical providers over a secure video chat, seven days a week.
What conditions can be addressed during a Telemedicine Visit?
Many conditions can be assessed and treated during a typical telemedicine visit, including:
- Allergy Symptoms
- Bug Bites
- Poison Ivy
- Mild Sunburn
- Cold Sores
- Sore Throat
- Ear infection, earache, or swimmers ear
- Eye infection, pinkeye, sties
- Female urinary tract infections
- Newly onset cough
- Sinus Infection or Sinusitis
- **Medication renewal (no controlled or addictive substances, no long term chronic illness prescriptions-1 month prescription only, No ADD, ADHD, or mental health prescription.) ***
The following are excluded from Virtual Visits and require a visit to our center for diagnosis and treatment.
- No narcotic or controlled substance renewal or prescription.
- No prescriptions over one month
- No Chest Pain
- No Physical Exams
- No psychiatric conditions
- No emergency symptoms including: Dial 911 (chest pain, shortness of breath, allergic reaction, choking, altered of consciousness, head or neck injury
- No STD’s or STI’s (Must come into Center)
- No Pregnancy, birth control renewal or birth control advice
- No Workers Compensation or Occupational Health visits (Must come into Center)
- No Referrals to specialists (Must come into Center)
- No Suturing, suturing removal or wound care (Must come into Center)
- No Children under 6 months
Making a Telemedicine appointment
In order to make an appointment, simply click this link and fill out the attached form. Within minutes of submitting it, a member of our staff will contact you to complete the registration process. After registration is complete, you will be texted a verification code. Upon opening our app, enter the code and consent to the uses of telemedicine. Your appointment is officially booked!
What happens once I have made an appointment?
As your appointment begins, a member of our staff will go over your medical history and details of your visit. Once this section is complete, your provider will join the call for your consultation!
Virtual Visits & Telemedicine in South Plainfield, NJ
If you need medical treatment for an injury or illness, schedule a Telemedicine appointment with AFC Urgent Care South Plainfield today! Visits are accepted seven days a week during our center’s convenient hours. For questions, please call 908-222-3500.